BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My painting




Brandi had a paint party at her house last weekend and it was lots-o-fun! I cannot draw stick people, as many of you know, but look what I ended up being able to paint! Alice, who does the parties, is an art teacher and she will come to your house and bring everything you need to paint...just supply the friends! I think if you are the hostess you get to choose what you'd like to paint (everyone does the same painting) but Alice draws it on the canvas for you w/ a pencil and gives you the right paint colors, etc. with lots of instruction...she's wonderful! I have been to several of these parties but this is the first time I have ended up with something I will actually frame and hang on the wall. The others are in a closet upstairs never to be seen again. In fact, the very first time I went to do this at Sips n Strokes we did some abstract painting with bright colors and shapes...it wasn't my kind of thing to begin with...but Clint was so sweet and insisted that we hang it in the den. Shea, my sister in law who is an artist, came over one day and when she saw the painting she said, "Oh, that's cute...did a kid paint that for you?" I took it down and shoved it in the closet that very day.

0 comments: