BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Dr. Darby and the 4 year old check up



This is our beloved Dr. Darby (Darby McElderry is her name but everyone calls her Dr. Darby). The girls love her so much and I do too. It is so nice to have a great doctor for your kids that you can relate to and that actually LISTENS to what you say. The girls had their 4 year old check up last week and they did great. Unfortunately they each had to get 4 shots this visit so I took Nana for back up. They are at an age now where they dread shots and I didn't think I could handle keeping them occupied, dealing with shots and actually remembering the things I wanted to talk to Dr. Darby about without help. Shout out to Nana!!


Everyone has been asking if Sutton is taller than Taylor and the answer is...yes, by 1/2 an inch. But DO NOT tell Sutton that because she just gloats when telling Taylor "I'm taller than you"...makes me so mad. I always tell them that they are the same size so I don't have to listen to the arguing. I mean, really, does it matter? They are both in the 75% for height (which means that 75% of the kids their age are the same height as they are) and Sutton is in the 10% for weight and Taylor is in the 5-10% for weight. So, average height and skinny minnies. I try to make them eat as much as possible but Taylor eats like a bird usually. Sutton eats like a little truck driver so I don't know why she doesn't weigh more.


They had a great check up and the shots went fairly well also. They only cried while she put the shots in and then stopped as soon as they sat up so it wasn't bad. Dr. Darby gives popsicles to all 4 and 5 year olds (I guess because the shots are so brutal) and they both got to pick out 4 stickers each (one for each shot) so they were happy as could be when we left there.

0 comments: