BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Vacation Bible School

















This week we have been at vacation bible school at our church. The girls are not old enough to go unless I volunteer so....I, for some insane reason, volunteered to do crafts. If you know me well, you know how NOT crafty I am so it was a challenge. Let's just say I did the happy dance today at noon when it was all over!


I was absolutely exhausted on Monday, Tuesday was better, Wednesday was another killer and today was fairly easy. The classes are scheduled ever 30 minutes and you only have 5 minutes in between to clean up and set up for the next class which is completely impossible. Monday we made prayer boxes out of popsicle sticks and glue...lots, and lots of glue. Kids don't know what "just use a little bit of glue" means apparently. I ended up w/ glue in my hair somehow! Tuesday we made little racoon thingies that were premade and just had to be glued together so that was easy. Wednesday we painted...yes, painted...with acrylic paint that does not come out of your clothes. The first class (2nd grade) made the biggest mess you have ever seen in all of your life. I was so stressed out trying to clean up and help them be creative all at the same time. We had sponge brushes which make a gigantic mess once you dip them in water to change paint colors and it just went everywhere. So, for the 2nd class (4th grade) I took the sponge brushes off of the table and hid them...just used regular brushes and it was much, much better. The first part was the background and today we painted either a cross, fish, or their handprint over it. A lot of them turned out really well and the kids all had a blast so it was worth it.


Funny thing though...I had 2nd, 4th, 6th and kindergarten. Who do you think was the rowdiest, silliest, loudest, and wouldn't listen? The 6th graders. Who were sweet little angels and listened to everything I said? Kindergarten. I would have thought it would be the complete opposite! Live and learn.


Tomorrow Taylor & Sutton are having their first professional pictures made and I am so excited! We are using Erin Nolen and we are going to Aldridge Gardens so keep your fingers crossed that it does not rain. I think it's supposed to so I guess we will have to reschedule if it does. I thought waiting until they were 2 would be best since they can follow directions better than at one but we'll see. Can you believe my babies are almost TWO??? I cannnot.


0 comments: